On April 27th , the Fédération de l’UPA de la Montérégie will virtually host the 8th edition of the Gala Agristars.
This edition will take place under the theme of psychological health. All proceeds from the event will be donated to the organization Au cœur des familles agricoles (ACFA) to support two workers in Montérégie.
“When we approach the topic of psychological health, we recognise that the needs in the field are great, says Jérémie Letellier, president of the Fédération de l’UPA de la Montérégie. This is why we want to donate the sum of the tickets sold and the profits generated by the 8th Gala Agristars to the ACFA, which has been offering comfort to farm families for 20 years now. I invite people to come together to support the cause by attending the evening in large numbers.”
Mr. Letellier says the past year has not been easy. However, he notes that the commitment of several passionate people has made regional agriculture shine.
“Fortunately, the new formula proposed will allow us to pay tribute to these farmers, while remaining in the comfort of our home”, explains the president of the Fédération de l’UPA de la Montérégie.
Tribute Award / “Coup de Chapeau”
The UPA underlines that a vibrant tribute will be paid to Gisèle Normandeau-Marleau, grain producer from Saint-Télesphore and founder of the Syndicat des Agricultrices de la Montérégie-Ouest, winner of the prestigious “Coup de Chapeau” tribute award. According to the union, Mrs. Normandeau-Marleau has greatly contributed to the advancement of agriculture and the enhancement of the profession in the region through her work, involvement and determination.
Finalists of the “Bon coup” awards”
The evening will reveal the winners of the “Bon coup” prizes. The UPA Montérégie specifies that these aim to reward action that enhances agriculture in various areas such as the protection of agricultural land, union activities, prevention, sustainable agriculture and the promotion of the profession. The finalist projects are:
- “Gagnez votre fête de fin d’année scolaire” contest / Les Éleveurs de Porcs de la Montérégie
- Mobilization of the propane shortage / Les Producteurs de grains de la Montérégie-Ouest / Sud-Est / Nord
- Pole of excellence in integrated pest management / Syndicat de l’UPA Jardins-de-Napierville
- “Fier de vous nourrir” campaign / Union of UPA Brome-Missisquoi
- Installation of a biofilter for pesticides and development of riparian strips / Fermes Lussier
- Radio capsules / Syndicat de l’UPA Rivière Noire
More than 60 winners will be honored in various categories, including the prize “Bon coup en agroenvrironnement”, the “Bon coup Agricole” and “Relève Agricole” prizes.
Commitment prizes within the Union des producteurs agricoles will also be awarded throughout the evening:
- 15 years Award presented by Hydro-Québec
- 20 years Award presented by Hydro-Québec
- 25 years Award presented by the MPs of the Montérégie
- 30 years Award presented by Financement agricole Canada
- 35 years Award presented by the Roussillon RCM
Tickets to attend this virtual event exclusively are on sale for $ 70 at www.upamonteregie.ca. The ACFA issues official charitable donation receipts for the amount of the purchase.
The total donations raised to support the ACFA will be revealed at the event.