The Musée de société des Deux-Rives (MUSO), located in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield is currently looking for students to work on their day camp facilitation team for the 2021 summer season.
In total, 5 day camp facilitator positions are to be filled. Thus, under the immediate supervision of the camp coordinator, the selected candidates will:
- Lead artistic creation and history workshops for children aged 6 to 10 years
- Participate in the organization and facilitation of day camp activities
- Provide day-care service before the start of activities (7 a.m. to 9 a.m.) and at the end of day, following the activities (from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Follow all the training that will be offered
- Welcome visitors and collect entrance fees as needed
- Maintain, clean and sanitize work surfaces and the equipment used regularly by children and staff
- Respect the health instructions issued by the Institut national de santé publique du Québec (social distancing, hand washing, etc.) and ensure that they are observed by children and visitors
- Perform related tasks if necessary (ie. support for carrying out cultural activities)
In addition, the requested requirements are:
- Have significant work experience or other type of experience with school-age children
- Be a high school, college or university student in education, arts, history, theater, cultural activities or tourism
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the arts and artistic creation, history and industrial heritage
- Demonstrate autonomy and initiative
- Have a sense of responsibility
- Enjoy working in a team
- Communication skills required
- Bilingualism, an asset
It should be noted that the hourly wage is established according to the tariff schedule in effect. The work schedule is 35 hours / week for 8 weeks and requires availability from June 21st to August 20th , 2021.
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume together with a cover letter no later than April 30th, 2021 to: email@example.com. Only chosen candidates will be contacted.