Over the past 18 months, Vaudreuil-Soulanges has faced the crisis of the century. The citizens of Vaudreuil-Soulange wore their masks and stayed at home to protect each other; they worked from home while the children were home schooling, around the same kitchen table. And now they’re rolling up their sleeves to get vaccinated so we can get back to normal. Canadians in communities across the country have shown resilience and determination towards the COVID-19 pandemic, and they deserve a real plan that will create jobs, grow the middle class, and pave a better way forward. Forward. For everyone, is that plan, and only the Liberal Party has the team that can end the fight against COVID-19 and rebuild a better Canada that leaves no one behind.
“As we head towards Election Day, there are important differences between our plan to keep Canadians safe, rebuild our economy and protect our environment and the Conservative Party’s platform. We want to invest in Canadians and work to build a stronger, greener economy. They want to end the ban on military-style assault weapons, reverse climate change goals and support a two-tier medical system that benefits the rich. I invite all members of the Vaudreuil-Soulanges community who want to know more about our plan to contact me and my team or to visit the site https://liberal.ca/our-plan/”, explains Peter Schiefke, outgoing candidate for the riding of Vaudreuil-Soulanges.
The Liberal platform will continue to help Canadians and our community get through the pandemic and build a better Canada for all Canadians. Together we will:
- End the fight against COVID-19 by supporting the proof of vaccination and mandatory vaccinations for people travelling by plane and train;
- Keeping Canadians healthy through transformative investments in the strength of our public and universal health care system, in primary care, long-term care and mental health;
- Accelerate climate action by creating new green jobs, reducing pollution in the oil and gas sector, and making our communities cleaner through emission-free vehicles;
Making sure that everyone is paying their fair share, including the big banks and the wealthiest Canadians;
- Create safer communities by strengthening our laws on assault weapons ban and supporting provinces and territories that implement a handgun ban;
- Helping Canadians find their own homes by providing first-time homebuyers savings up to $ 30,000, helping 1.4 million families find homes, protecting the rights of Canadians and taking action against speculators;
- Offer childcare services at $ 10 per day and create more spaces for childcare in Quebec;
- Build a more just Canada by fighting systemic racism and discrimination and combating hatred in all its forms.
- Take the common path of reconciliation by addressing the legacy of colonialism and residential schools, continuing to work towards the elimination of all long-term drinking water advisories, and taking action to address systemic racism against Indigenous peoples, including in health care.
The decisions we make now are important. We cannot go back. We must continue to move forward. And together, we must do the work necessary to build a better Canada and Vaudreuil-Soulanges – for all.
Source: Peter Schiefke Office